Life · Lyme Tips

Stem Cell Treatment Days 1-3

Hi Lovelies! Thank you for bearing with me as I adjust to my new home for the next few weeks & my treatment schedule. I am so happy to finally be here in Mexico getting embryonic stem cell treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease + my litany of other issues that have come with the Lyme. It is truly breathtaking here, and I feel beyond blessed to be receiving treatment in such a beautiful and peaceful place.  The ocean has such a calming effect on me, and I truly feel like this is the best possible place I can be to begin the healing process.  I appreciate everyone’s well wishes, and also truly feel blessed to have such an amazing support system through this whole ordeal. You all are rockstars, and I cherish each and every one of you! Since I was unable to write about my experiences the first few days, I figured it would be easiest to put it all in one blog post, and then go from there.  PLEASE message me if you have any questions or want to pick my brain. I will do everything I can to answer you in a timely fashion!

Day 1

I was greeted at treatment by Dr. B, the amazing woman who runs the treatment facility here in Mexico.  Upon arrival, I went into her office and we talked about ALL of the symptoms I have been experiencing, and ran a number of tests to see what was going on in my body.  Basically, we figured out what we are fighting in addition to the Lyme.  We talked about what the plan will be for the first 10 days, and Dr. B told me to expect to be tired and emotional. We assured her that the emotional part is already handled since I am generally a rollercoaster of emotions on any given day. Ha! Then, I dove right into treatment.  The first ten days are the detox days. I have chelation to help with all of the heavy metals in my system, and then B-17 which acts as an anti-parasitic, and then a beautiful bag of embryonic stem cells.  Each bag contains 20 million embryonic stem cells. How amazing is that?! The staff is amazingly accommodating, and offered peppermint tea, fresh juice, and lunch throughout the day. Lunch was a beautiful salad with fresh fish, and cream of carrot soup. Super fresh to help fuel you through the day. Just my style. When I got back to the hotel, I slept for about two hours, which is pretty remarkable since sleep usually eludes me.  This was my body’s way of telling me that those stem cells were already getting to work and repairing all the damage that has been done to my body. Woke up to eat some dinner, and was then out like a light once again. Deep, deep, sleep. Ahhh.

Day 2

Woke up with what felt like a slight hangover, but nothing nearly as horrible as the last time I got chelation in October, so I call that a win.  I had to fast in the morning to get some more blood tests ran, so I showed up to the clinic ready to eat.  The fact that I haven’t lost my appetite is a miracle in itself- that is usually the first thing to go for me when I am unwell.  So yay! Give me all the food!  Anyways, I got in and did the same as the day before, except we added Photon Therapy and BEMER Therapy.  Photon Therapy made me laugh, to be honest.  You go into this room, and there is a huge machine called the Photon Genius that lights up in all different colors- almost like a carnival ride.  It is a sauna, but one that provides more direct and harmonic infrared energy than any other sauna out there.  It helps the body produce more nitric oxide, which helps the blood vessels increase in width or dilate.  Pretty interesting, and I truly feel a difference in days that I use it versus days that I do not.  So, I stand naked in the Photon Genius for about 30 minutes, alternating between facing into the machine and facing away, and I sweat out all those nasty toxins.  The part of me that loves heat really enjoys this part of my therapy. David thinks I’m weird and won’t even go into the room with me because it’s too hot for him… to each his own, right? BEMER therapy is something I’m pretty familiar with, since I did it in my last treatment center.  It is a mat that you sit on, and it helps with improving microcirculation for even the tiniest in blood vessels.  It is super helpful for people like me, who have severe blood flow issues.  Mine happen to be in my brain and in my legs, but it varies for everyone.  After all the therapies, we had a nice fresh lunch of salad and stuffed chicken (David had no problem eating my chicken for me), and some cream of broccoli soup.  I am still dreaming of that soup.  It was THAT good.  I hope I see it again in circulation while I’m here. I also got a list of herbs to take, and Dr. B supplied all of those for me.  My list is:

  • Cloves
  • Wormwood
  • Black Walnut
  • Oil of Oregano
  • Silver Biotics
  • Wild Chaga tincture
  • Reishi tincture
  • Turkey Tail tincture
  • Trace Minerals
  • Asea

All of these beauties have their own functions, mostly as anti-parasitics and to support my immune system.  I have a whole chart that Dr. B made for me that tells me when and how to take them. I love that she did this for me- it is always something that I would have to spend hours doing myself and was quite a chore in the past. I truly feel spoiled being here! Seeing the doctor every day makes a huge difference, too.  You don’t feel like just another patient, and your experience really is tailored to fit your needs.  It is the first time in a long time that I have felt like the people taking care of me really want to see me better.  Is that twisted? Perhaps. But I’m sure a lot of you haven’t been down the road that me and my fellow warriors have. It gets dark on that road when it seems as though no one wants to actually address the issues at hand.  But not here, it is seriously sunshine all the time! I love it.

Anyways, I felt pretty good on Day 2. I didn’t need a nap, but I passed out pretty hard after dinner. The headache went away by lunch time at the clinic, and I was happy for that!

Day 3

Oh, Day 3. I woke up feeling super drained. Those stem cells are doing their job, and I am so thankful for that! I had one of those mornings where I had to bribe myself to get out of bed.  Does anyone else do that? No? Just me? Girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do! Anyways, I woke up feeling super drained, and this is also around the time that I realized my hair decided to start falling out again.  I know that hair will grow back, but it has always been like a security blanket for me, and when I lost it the first time I was upset and sad, and I am feeling the same way about it the second time around.  I think I jinxed it when I told David that my hair was finally feeling thick again last week. Damn it! Dr. B assured me that it will, indeed, come back, and also said that it has a lot to do with the work that my thyroid is doing to repair what has been damaged there.  I also noticed on Day 3 that my gums are really tender. REALLY tender. Like it hurts to brush my teeth. Weird, I know.  My arms also started to feel the burn on day 3, and I got my first hand IV. I don’t know why I was so afraid of a hand IV, but I was. It was totally fine. I actually prefer it to in the crux of my elbow. Although, it makes trying to pee interesting. Which I’ve had to do nonstop because of all the liquids. That’s why we have dresses, right? Try to make that process a little bit easier. I had the same course of treatment on Day 3 as Day 2- including BEMER Therapy, but no Photon Genius because an accident caused the town to go without power in the afternoon.  Whoops! But, I definitely felt a difference going without it. I slept for three hours when I got back, and didn’t make it out for dinner because I was just so drained.  Not sweating those toxins out made a very big difference!

That is all I have for you lovelies for now. I apologize in advance for any typos. I am BEAT, but wanted to get this out for those of you that are interested in how it’s all going here.  Not having the ability to call, and only being able to text on wifi stinks, but is also kind of nice. I like unplugging 🙂 David leaves to go back home tomorrow, and Bridget is coming to take over as care taker- so time to spend some time with the hubs before I don’t see him for two weeks!



13 thoughts on “Stem Cell Treatment Days 1-3

  1. I was so happy to read this! I actually messaged your mom yesterday to make sure all was well. We are so excited for your results. I know you are too. We 💘 you so much. Mama 2


    1. Love you! We had no idea when we turned roaming off that we wouldn’t be able to send texts to people without iPhones. What a pain! David leaves this afternoon, and says he will text you when he gets in and then call you tomorrow. ❤️


  2. Thanks for the detailed updates. Sounds super intense, but I’m glad you’re getting the help you need! Love you, Colleen!


  3. You’ve got this Colleen! I’m so glad you are getting such specialized treatment! Glad I got to see the update on your progress! 🙏🏼❤️


  4. Hi Colleen,
    This is quite a journey for you! You are so brave girl! I think about you and hope after all of this, you will feel 150% better! Such interesting information – I never realized how much this disease incapacitated you and I never realized what damage Lyme can do to your body. I enjoy reading your blog. I’m praying for you kiddo! You need to get better by October lol but, no pressure. Haha
    Take care – love you,
    Aunt Lynn ❤ xoxo


    1. Thanks so much, I appreciate it! It is insane what Lyme does to your body. Truly attacks every part of you! I am exactly where I need to be at exactly the right time, I know that in my heart! And I am planning on being there in October, no matter what!! Love you!


    1. Hey Lisa!
      It’s called StemAid. They have a website where you can fill out a form and ask questions or speak with a representative if you have any questions!
      Thanks for stopping by!


  5. Hi can you contact me about your experience with Stemaid? My name is Kelly. It’s so expensive and out of the country. I just want to be sure it’s not a scam. You can send me an email,


    1. Hi Kelly!
      StemAid is certainly not a scam. Treatment there was actually tens of thousands of dollars less than getting treatment here in the states that isn’t half as effective. I document my entire journey at StemAid here on my blog, I suggest looking through my posts so you can gain a better understanding of how treatment was for me.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s